CENTRE FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNITY TRANSFORMATION (CERUDECT)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Centre for Rural Development and Community Transformation (CERUDECT) is a non-governmental, non-sectarian,
non-profit making and community based organization with no political pre-occupation. CERUDECT shall not carry on any activities that may be discriminatory based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender or any other categorization of human rights.
DOES THE ORGANIZATION DO?
Over the years, Centre for Rural Development and Community Transformation (CERUDECT) in collaboration with development partners have been implementing massive development strategies designed to improve the standards
of living of the deprived and marginalized citizens in the our rural communities in Lagos as well as other states in Nigeria.
Our vision is to develop the community members to become responsible, committed and productive
members of their families, communities and the nation at large.
To empower community members to comprehend, embrace and practice choices that would ultimately result in a healthy productive lifestyle.
- Address major issues on rural development, community transformation, empowerment, peace-building and education through seminars, workshops, conferences, vocational and leadership trainings.
- Organize sustainable community development and awareness
programs for the benefit of the poor and disadvantage rural people.
- Improve living standard of rural people by helping them develop their skill and subsequently by assisting them in implementing income generating activities in close coordination and
cooperation with national and international organizations.
- Implement gender specific programs, HIV/AIDS prevention and care, population activities, peace and governance activities.
- Educate community members to avoid at risk behaviours that
manifest violence, community rivals and clashes.
- Alleviate poverty and unemployment through creation of basic social and economic infrastructure, provision of training to rural unemployed youth and providing employment to marginal Farmers/Labourers
to discourage seasonal and permanent migration to urban areas.
- Implement sustainable and integrated rural development programs related to health, education, agriculture, water and environment based on resource endowments and comparative advantages
of the working area;
- Empower the youths to render their skills and resources to better their communities and work in partnership with local communities, using a participatory approach;
- Train and equip community leaders in order to lead, direct
and educate their community members.
- Facilitate scholarship awards to the less privileged in the communities.
CORE ACTION AREAS:
- Rural Development
- Agriculture and Food
- Youth Empowerment
- Poverty Alleviation
- Water management
- Aging and Development
- Democracy and Good Governance